MH943TWC-GC MH943TWS-PC MH943SBS-GC
We offer the best designed, best made countertop all-in-one WATER DISTILLATION appliance on the market. This product, made in Taiwan, and sold worldwide for more than 22-years, is ELECTRICAL SAFETY APPROVED BY UNDERWRITERS LABORATORIES INC. after rigorous testing to American Standards.
Drink distilled water, it is good for you. Use it in your coffee makers, humidifiers, and other equipment in place of tap water. The equipment will last much longer with no cleaning if you use distilled water.
“QUALITY IS REMEMBERED LONG AFTER PRICE IS FORGOTTEN”
ORDERING INFORMATION AND PRICING SCHEDULE
|PART NO.*||LIST||YOUR PRICE||YOUR SAVINGS||% YOU SAVE||DESCRIPTION|
|MH943TWS-GC||$279.99||$214.99||$65.00||23%||Exterior white plastic base, white plastic condenser cover. Glass collection carafe with matching white lid and handle.|
|MH943SBS-GC||$309.99||$229.99||$80.00||26%||Exterior brushed stainless base, black plastic condenser cover. Glass collection carafe with matching black lid and handle.|
|MH943TWS-PC||$254.99||$189.99||$65.00||25%||Exterior white plastic base, white plastic condenser cover. Polypropylene collection carafe with matching white lid and handle, clear translucent container.|
*All listed models have the same dimensions and performance specifications:
Overall height and diameter: 14 inches high x 9 inches dia. (boiler/condenser assembly only). Time to distill 1-gal of city tap water approx. 6 hrs. (depends on elevation and starting water temperature). Power consumed: approx. 3.5 Kwhr (120v, 60 hz, 580w)
To keep your Megahome water still running at peak efficiency, you need to clean the Boiler periodically. (See instructions and helpful hints at the end of the website.)
REPLACEMENT ACCESSORIES: ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FILTER (ACF) PART NO. 943-ACF/12 - BOX OF 12 - $13.99 ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (AAA) AAA3X3 - BOX OF 4 JARS - Total Net Weight 2 lbs.- $19.96
To produce the purest water possible, special attention has been paid to materials of construction both for human consumption and use in appliances sensitive to contamination, such as coffee makers, steam irons, humidifiers, car batteries, etc. The reservoir interior (boiler) is 304 stainless steel, the tubing where the water vapor (steam) enters and is cooled to become liquid water again (condenser) also is stainless steel.
And, finally, where the actual distilled water (distillate) exits the appliance, it first drips through a glass chamber containing an activated charcoal filter. Depending on the Model you buy, the collection carafe will be glass or polypropylene.
If you use tap water in the Southwest, most municipalities deliver water that contains a high concentration of mineral salts. This is commonly known as “hard water”. Among other drawbacks, soap doesn’t lather well, the familiar “bathtub ring” is left behind after a bath or shower, aquarium owners with sensitive or exotic fish have to be careful, and kitchen fixtures show “hard water stains”. WELL, what about you? We now are hearing and seeing on TV, reports of true drinking water crises around the United States. Most, if not all, of these reported disasters have occurred in the Eastern US as a result of ignorant (sometimes criminal) practices by industries, educational institutions, and municipalities. Some events date back to the beginning of the industrial revolution; practices that contaminated our surface waters and aquifers. But don’t think that a drinking water disaster can’t come to you just because you live in the Southwest. Our advice: BE PREPARED.
The question has been asked, “Is drinking distilled water good for you? Shouldn’t you drink water that has some mineral content?” The implied assumption here is that a person obtains some healthy and valuable trace minerals from water, say, from an uncontaminated mountain spring. This is mythology. The reality is that we humans obtain all the minerals, trace or otherwise, from the foods we eat. In rare cases vitamin or mineral deficiencies can be rectified with supplements, although this possibility is subject to debate, and to the physician who is treating you. DISTILLED water, NOT RO generated water, NOT FILTERED water is the BEST water for human consumption. When a Reverse Osmosis system is installed for drinking, particulates, bacteria, and probably some viruses are discarded simply because their molecular sizes are too big to squeeze through the membranes. The result is about 10% of dissolved solids get through, which is pretty good performance, all things considered.
The only advantage that GROSS FILTRATION has is; it cleans up the water so it looks good, and noxious odors and bad taste are eliminated (assuming it contains activated charcoal as part of the filter system). Also, fully dissolved mineral salts (e.g., calcium carbonate, otherwise known as limestone) get through the filters unchanged. So, the answer is: DRINK DISTILLED WATER — IT’S GOOD FOR YOU.
The following are quoted responses from some customers who wrote reviews about the MEGAHOME counter top distillers: KC writes in 2016: “This unit takes up space on a kitchen counter, but makes very pure fine tasting water. ...You need to assemble the carafe [container], which is packed inside the distiller. Very sturdy unit, and so far very pleased with it. JG writes in 2016: “Works exactly as promised and the water tastes amazing. ...Took about 30 minutes from the time I opened the box to the time I had it running. Minimal noise level but I just run it in my basement overnight anyway so I don’t hear a thing. ...” DF wrote in 2005: “I’ve been using this distiller for almost a year, and it makes the best water I’ve ever tasted”. RK wrote in 2004: “It’s now seven years after I bought this distiller and left the first review. It’s still in use and works great. It has turned out to be one of the better purchases I’ve made. I don’t have much to add to the earlier reviews, but it is still problem-free, and useful as ever”.
ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FILTER (ACF)* — Part No. 943-ACF/12
NSF Certified Carbon Material
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE IN MEGAHOME DRINKING WATER STILLS
- (General): Change the Charcoal Filter in your Water Still monthly, or more often if VOC’s are an issue.
- Remove a Filter from the resealable plastic bag and rinse it in cool tap water to eliminate accumulated dust and improve its adsorption properties. Then reseal the bag to preserve the freshness of remaining Filters.
- Next, remove the plastic outlet nozzle assembly from the Condenser (where Distilled Water exits from the top portion of the Still, as described in the Megahome Instructions that came with the unit.) Note that removing this assembly requires squeezing the sides of the plastic shell enough to remove it from the Condenser housing. Exercise caution, or the glass funnel inside might break.
- Put the new Filter (folded in half) into the small glass funnel located inside the plastic outlet nozzle.
- Reassemble the nozzle to the Condenser by gently pushing it inside the outer Condenser housing until it ‘clicks’ into place.
*Effective in eliminating VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) which, even if present in minute quantities in household tap waters, can noticeably affect taste of the distillate. ACF’s commonly are used in single- cup coffee-makers, home kitchen water filters, refrigerator ice-makers, etc.
HINTS FOR CLEANING RESIDUE OUT OF THE MEGAHOME DISTILLER BOILER
AFTER THE APPLIANCE HAS COMPLETED A CYCLE – PART NO. AAA3X3
Note: We have found from performing many experiments that this is the most efficient and fast (5-min), as well as environmentally friendly way to clean the Boiler.
- After completion of the distillation cycle, disconnect the power cords from the Boiler, and lift off the top Condenser unit. Set the Condenser aside, fan end down, and, using a paper towel, dry the remaining water from the inside stainless surfaces.
- Add about 1-cup tap water to the residue in the Boiler, then sprinkle approx. 1-tbsp of Anhydrous Citric Acid* to the mix. Reconnect the main power cord and turn the appliance ON. You will have to push the RESET button.
- Using a wooden spatula with a flat tip, stir the mix to dissolve the Acid. DO NOT LEAVE THE APPLIANCE UNATTENDED AT THIS TIME BECAUSE THE SMALL QUANTITY OF WATER WILL QUICKLY HEAT TO A BOILING TEMPERATURE.
- Before the mix comes to a boil, disconnect the power cord from the appliance. Then, crush a sheet of paper towel and drop it into the Boiler. Use the spatula to swish the rolled-up paper towel over the bottom, and up and down the sides of the Boiler, to clean the stainless interior. Use the flat surface of the spatula tip, as needed, to aid in removing residue that may cling to the stainless bottom surface. Then, simply discard the towel, and dispose of the liquid residue down the sink. To further clean and dry the Boiler, use another (dry) towel and wipe the interior by hand.
WHEN USING THIS RECOMMENDED PROCEDURE A COUPLE OF TIMES, YOU WILL BECOME ABLE TO RESTORE THE STILL TO NEAR-PERFECT CONDITION, READY FOR ANOTHER CYCLE, IN APPROXIMATELY 5-minutes.
ALTHOUGH THE MANUFACTURER DOES NOT RECOMMEND CLEANING THE STILL AFTER EVERY SINGLE CYCLE, WE HAVE FOUND THAT THIS SIMPLE PROCEDURE WILL SAVE CONSIDERABLE TIME AND EFFORT IN THE LONG RUN. IF THE RESIDUE IS ALLOWED TO DRY IN THE STILL AND BUILD UP OVER TIME, IT WILL BECOME SIGNIFICANTLY MORE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE LATER. Also, the Still operates more efficiently and will have a longer service life if the metal surfaces are cleaned between cycles.
*Citric Acid is a weak organic acid that occurs naturally and is biodegradable (e.g. lemon juice).
TO ORDER, PLEASE CONTACT US: ECOTEC, 3960-F Prospect Avenue, Yorba Linda, Ca 92886 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 714-646-9091 We accept
Why Buy from ECOTEC? Because we want your business!
We are local with free delivery within our immediate area.
You are welcome to stop by and inspect working units just like the ones we offer for sale.
Our prices are always competitive with LARGE distributors, and for some products, LOWER than you would pay online!
We are ALWAYS available to help with selections, getting started (set-up), and helping with any questions you may have.